"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

19 August 2008

What a way to say Goodbye!

This weekend up in GR was amazing! I was touched upon how many people came out throughout the weekend to wish me luck:) I had a great time on Thursday celebrating my good buddy Matthew's birthday, going with Becky to the Billy Idol/Def. Leopard concert blew me away on Friday (Rebel Yell!). I never thought 50+ year old men could look that good without a shirt on. Saturday was a picture perfect day at Rosy Mound in Grand Haven where sun bathing, skinny dipping, and doing a mini-hike was the high-light of the day. Sunday at Billy's was the perfect way to say goodbye to my friends and to good ole GR where I have spent the last 4 years of my life. I will miss you all so much:) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the countdown begin! Today is the 25th... Hillary, I can't begin to express how excited I am for you. It takes such a special type of person to give of themselves the way you are. Know it comes from the heart.
Look forward to hearing of your adventures. Have added u to favorites!
God Bless

Hillary Lynn said...

thanks for the support!!!! HUGS!

Osta's said...

Hi Hillary,
We are thinking of you and hoping this adventure is all what you were hoping it is. John (Aouad) said to remember what he told you when you stopped by. Keep in touch and we will too from time to time. We hope you'll stop by when you return to the USA. Your friends, John and Diane Aouad from Osta's