"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

11 May 2009

Salsa Prom 2009!


Now that is what I call a party :) good to see everyone, catch up, and have a drink or two. I won the raffle of one free bottle of my choosing :) and I was voted most likely to bust of a move at any time if there is music on. The Rose Festival which was going on the same day was beautiful and very hot. I am finally getting tan  and it only took 8 months! The PCV's who came to the party were also working hard that day with their local artist and the work they brought from their site to sell and advertise their sites product. There was some really good products that they all brought from hand made wallets to purses and daggers! cool stuff! We named a Salsa Prom King, Tim and Queen who I think was Evan. Not many men can wear a skirt and work it like he did, he totally earned his crown that night :) On this day I also got to meet my new site-mates (26 km away but still site-mates) a really awesome married couple, Sean and Amber. They are Health Volunteers and I can not wait to bike out to their place to see their site and also do some Cross- Sec. work with them involving Health related issues!  Moroccan life is not too bad right now :) humdullah. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi , nice blogger, and i hope for you much moroccan adventur.
if you need any helpe about the "wild" travel, emeil me : rochepower@live.com.
enjoy your time :).