"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

23 February 2011

Boston, Mass. and NYE

Well I finally made it to my last COS trip destination and what a way to end it. New Years Eve in Boston was the perfect way to bring in 2011. I got to see my old high school friend, Jenny, and hang out with her boyfriend and his friends for NYE. We spent the evening eating home made food and ended the night at a local bar listening to a 1970’s cover band. On New Years Day we spent it at a lovely café where we had a delicious brunch and got to grab a quick coffee at a local coffee shop before heading back to Jenny’s part of town. The Museum of fine art was crazy cool visit. They had an intense collection of Colonial American Art. That was a real treat. I hope to see Jenny more often once I finally settle down somewhere in the USA and show her the hospitality she so graciously bestowed upon me while in Boston. She showed me around to all the important parts of Boston including the Freedom Trail, the Boston Marathon marker, and some historic graveyards and buildings. Boston has such a rich history, it was hard to say goodbye.

No comments: