"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

18 February 2011

I AM DONE! November 12, 2010



HUMDULLAH! After 27 months of service, I am done! What a rewarding feeling I have coming over me. It is hard to describe. It is a mixture of excitement because I am ready to go on vacation and see the world and start my life back up in the America. I am nervous because I am not sure what the next step will bring, but hopefully the traveling will clear my head and show me the next step. The last emotion is sadness because I am leaving my Moroccan family, dear friends, and my wonderful students and I am not sure when or if I will ever see them again. All of them are welcome to America if they get the chance to visit, but that is a pretty expensive ticket, but Mahurbikum dima klushi men Skoura u Kehmisset ☺ I know that one day, hopefully in the next 5 years I will be back in Morocco visiting my family and hopefully a few students and friends if they are in town.
I am currently in Rabat planning my COS trip with Maggie, my travel buddy for Egypt and Turkey. It is almost done! So excited that all this planning is actually going to happen. I am looking forward to meeting my couch surfing hosts and all the sites listed on our “Must See” list.

The hardest part of leaving thus far has been saying goodbye to my host family. I have grown very close with them and had a hard time saying goodbye without it becoming a total water-works show. They know I will return and promise to keep in touch, but at this moment, I am sad about leaving them and Morocco, the place I have called home for over two years. I will also be missing my PC crew very much. After 27 months together they have become close to my heart and a support system I feel I can count on even after COS. They are all amazing, loving, and passionate people. I wish nothing but great success and happiness in their lives after Peace Corps, truly.
The last night all of my PC friends and I were together we had a nice dinner and yummy McDonalds sundae ☺ Tomorrow we say goodbye, sign that little red book and stamp it to officially be done with PC. That is when we al will start to leave and live our own lives again. I hope to keep in touch with most of them, def. a couple of people for sure, but what a interesting time now in all our lives… everything is changing and nothing will be the same as it is tonight starting tomorrow morning. Best of luck to all my fellow PCVs and Moroccan friends and family. Goodbye Morocco, hello world/fate.

1 comment:

emily said...

you look so beautiful signing that book hill! so alive and ready for what is next! It was kind of funny reading this belated post since so much as happened since then! Miss you lots already but am very happy I can pick up the phone any minute to call you! ... hmmmm I think I just might :D