"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

23 February 2011

Fairfax/DC time!


I was welcomed with loving arms by my close friend, Amber, at the airport in D.C. It has been over a year since I saw her and she has been one busy lady with beginning graduate school and moving to the east coast to follow her dream. I am one proud friend ☺ I got to stay a week with her and her wonderful roomies, make an awesome Mexican Christmas Fiesta, and Christmas parties! It was not a dull time at all.

I got to spend time with a RPCV from my staj, John Wayne at his families Chinese restaurant and what yummy food! The Smithsonian museums were amazing in D.C. along with all the national monuments and buildings within my nations capitol. I got to spend a whole day just walking around enjoying the atmosphere.



No comments: