"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

18 February 2011

Turkey Day in Turkey


Turkey.. oh Turkey... I am so happy I got to visit and experience your capital, Istanbul. What a true treat and fun time. Istanbul is a real city to go in visit to see an authentic mix of where the East meets the West.

Maggie and I had a blast hanging out with our coolest CS Maggie, Sondra, and Yunis! They were so welcoming, helpful, and they put on the yummiest Thanksgiving for all the Ex-Pat friends in Istanbul and fellow CS like Maggie and myself, these two guys from AZ.


The bars were a lot of fun to go to in downtown Istanbul and had pretty cheap drinks. One bar had a Quiz Bowl Night going on and I took part in that interesting event. The highlights of Istanbul were for sure the architecture, people, and the boat ride from the west to the east side of this old and historic city. The Blue Mosque, Haja Sophia, Toksim Square, and the awesome one of a kind watercolor I bought at a unique art gallery down the street from the Blue Mosque will be memories and treasures I will never forget, ever.

It was nice to say goodbye to this part of the world before I board my next plane, which will be taking me to LAX! I will officially be back on American soil for a while ☺ I just wanted to say best of luck to my travel buddy, Maggie, who starts her India/Europe journey after I leave to the USA on the 26th of November. She is a great friend, fun travel buddy, and is one of the most honest people in my life. I hope to see her soon in AZ. When I come to bug her in the spring/summer ☺

No comments: